- 1½ pounds chicken, cubed (white or dark meat)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1½ cups potato, diced small (about ½ pound)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 (16 oz) can refrigerated biscuit dough (8 biscuits)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup heavy cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (optional garnish)
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, add the chicken, carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, garlic, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and chicken broth.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on high heat for 2-3 hours, or on low heat for 5-6 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter and flour until it forms a thick paste, and set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, separate the biscuit dough and, using a rolling pin or your hands, flatten each piece into a thin disc about ¼-inch thick. Cut each biscuit into strips or quarters and set aside.
- After the chicken is cooked, remove the lid from the slow cooker and adjust the seasoning if needed.