- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 ounce) pack refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces (I use country biscuit style)
- 1 onion, diced (small or half large – white or sweet
- 1 box chicken broth
- To taste (I use 1 tablespoon roughly) Pepper
- To taste Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- To taste garlic powder
- Prepare your chicken by seasoning them on a cutting board. Give a healthy coating of garlic powder on both sides, with a lighter ‘to taste’ coat of seasoning salt and pepper as you add more later.
- Dice the onion and cover the entire bottom of your slow cooker with it.
- Lay the seasoned chicken evenly across the top of your onion layer.
- Pour both cans of the cream of chicken soup, and the cream of mushroom soup over the chicken. Add butter.
- Pour broth until soups and chicken is covered (roughly 1/2-3/4 box).
- Add seasoning (this is where I add the heavier pepper and seasoning salt).
- Set slow cooker on high for 6 hours.
- 1 1/2 hours prior to serving tear up the biscuits into quarter size pieces and stir them in.