The Best Potato Salad
This isn’t my first potato salad recipe rodeo on this bloggity blog, but it’s for sure my favorite and dare I say, the best.
Okay, that might be a pretty bold statement, stating this potato salad as the best. I’ve shared several variations of potato salad here including the more complicated, throw everything in but the kitchen sink Stetson Chunky Potato Salad to my Roasted Potato Salad with Bacon Dressing to my Loaded Baked Potato Salad that has definitely risen in the ranks of favorites.
But I’ve yet to share the number one potato salad that worms its way into nearly every BBQ, picnic or just good old fashioned supper at my house, the one I’m proud as punch to share when I go to other’s homes as well.
It may be a bold statement to make but I think this potato salad recipe that was handed down from my grandma to my mom and then to me is definitely the best.
Ingredients you’ll need
REESE’S SNACK MIX
Lemon-Ginger Chicken Thighs
Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Add chicken and sear it for about 2 minutes just until the chicken gets golden brown.
Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Enjoy with spinach salad, rice, quinoa salad, or on its own.
ẵ treẵsured fẵmily recipe from the ẵuthor, Lee St. John’s mother (from Georgiẵ).
For the cẵke
- 1 cup vegetẵble shortening
- 2 cups sugẵr
- 4 lẵrge eggs, room temperẵture
- 3 cups ẵll purpose flour
- 2 teẵspoons bẵking powder
- 1/4 teẵspoon sẵlt
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperẵture
- 2 teẵspoons vẵnillẵ extrẵctFor the frosting
- 4 1/2 cups sugẵr, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling wẵter
- 2 sticks mẵrgẵrine (1 cup)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teẵspoon vẵnillẵ extrẵct
Creamy Parmesan Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 4 small-medium chicken breasts or 2 large halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup light cream or half & half, or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoons Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup spinach chopped (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet or pan. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 5-6 minute per side or until the outside is golden and the chicken is cooked through (cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts).
- Visit Creamy Parmesan Garlic Chicken @ gimmedelicious.com for full instructions.